If you're looking to warm up with a winter soup, you'll find this soup really hits the spot.
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 tsp of Pico’s Naga Ghost Pepper Sauce
2 smoked sausages
3 cloves garlic (minced)
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1 can of diced tomatoes (petite cut, drained)
2 cans of black beans (drained)
3 cups chicken broth
1 bay leaf
a fistful of chopped fresh coriander
shredded cheddar cheese
- In a food processor or blender, blend together about 3/4 cup of the black beans with one cup of the chicken broth. Set aside.
- In a large soup pot, melt the butter over medium high heat
- Stir in the garlic, salt, smoked paprika and cumin. Cook for about one minute, until garlic is fragrant.
- Add the drained tomatoes, the black beans, the blended bean and chicken broth mixture, the remaining 2 cups of chicken broth and the bay leaf.
- Bring the soup to a low boil. Reduce heat to simmer and let the soup simmer until starting to thicken, about 20 - 25 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf from the soup. Stir in the fresh lime juice and the Ghost Pepper sauce.
- Top each bowl of soup with the chopped fresh coriander, shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream. Feel free to add some extra Ghost Pepper sauce if you dare.