We took some basic inspiration from tastesbetterfromscratch.com, but doesn't have to be just one specific way to make this! With some rice paper wraps and any leftover vegetables or protein, fresh spring rolls are an endless possibility of combinations. Just make sure the Ghost Pepper mayo and our Mango Chilli Sauce isn't missing!
- Vermicelli Rice Noodles
- Spring Roll Wrappers
- 1 cup of shrimp
- Shredded carrot
- 1 half cucumber sliced thinly
- 1 half mango sliced thinly
- 200g purple cabbage
- 100g fresh Mint
- 100g fresh Basil
- 100g fresh Coriander
- Mango Chilli Sauce
- (Optional: Ghost Pepper mayo)
- Dip wrappers in water. Fill a large shallow dish or pie plate with an inch or so of water.
- Remove one rice paper wrapper from the package, and place it in the water to soak. Allow it to soak for about 10 to 15 seconds and then remove and place on a cutting board or countertop. The rice wrapper should still feel pretty firm at this point. It will soften as it sits and as you add the filling ingredients. (If you let it soak for too long it will tear more easily when rolled).
- Add filling. Layer everything on the 1/3 of the spring roll that is closest to you. Add 1-2 of each ingredient, and small pinch of noodles.
- Wrap. Pick up the sides of the spring roll and fold them in over the toppings. Then pick up the edge closest to you and pull it up and snugly over the toppings. Continue rolling all the way up like a burrito. Practice will make perfect, but just try to keep all of the ingredients in tightly together as you roll everything up.
- Drizzle however much you want of our Mango Chills sauce on top or put some on the side for dipping. Another way to spice this one up is to mix our Ghost Pepper sauce 1 part to 8 parts mayonnaise for a spicy and flavorful ghost pepper mayo!
(Recipe found on tastesbetterfromscratch.com)
Photo credit: tastythriftytimely.com