If you're craving some comfort food but want a bit of a kick to it, Samantha (sammysingally.food) used our sauces to make an inspiring Mango Chilli dip to pair with her homemade puff puffs!
- 350g flour
- 100g sugar
- 2tsp yeast
- 1tsp salt
- 1/2tsp nutmeg
- 250ml warm water
- Sweet Chilli Garlic Sauce
- 3tsp Pico Mango Chilli sauce
- 3tsp vegan garlic mayo
- In a bowl, combine all the dry ingredients.
- Stir in the water until a thick doughy batter is formed. (The batter should not be as light as pancake batter, but also it as firm as a bread dough. It should be scoopable.)
- Set the batter in a draft free environment for an hour or until it doubles in size.
- Heat up oil in a deep fryer to approximately 165C
- Using an oiled spoon or scoop, scoop up some batter and carefully drop it in the oil. (Traditionally, the batter is scooped and dropped in the oil with bare hands, but that can be dangerous for people who do not have experience watching this be done or practicing doing it.) The puff puff batter is dropped in a way that keeps makes it fry as a round ball.
- Fry the puff puff until completely golden.
- Set each puff puff on a paper towel once done to absorb any excess oil on the surface.
- In a bowl, combine the Pico Mango Chilli Sauce with the vegan garlic mayo until fully combined.
- Serve the puff puffs with a side of the sweet chilli garlicky sauce. (Best served hot)